Sunday, July 05, 2009

Cookie Dough

I get asked DAILY for cookie dough. It's just not good for me to have any kind of treat in the home because I eat it and the kids ask for it all day long...but regardless I love that its something we love to eat and make together.




It is the best chocolate cookie recipe...ever!

2 cups shortening (butter flavored)
2 cups sugar (I use xagave better for you and makes the cookies SUPER soft)
1 cup brown sugar
4 eggs
2 tsp salt
2 tsp baking soda
5 cups flour (with the xagave I use almost 6 cups)
1 bag chocolate chips

Mix together shortening thru baking soda. Slowly add the flour. Then chocolate chips. Bake @ 350 (325 if you try the xagave) for 8-10 minutes. *Don't over cook* You gotta have them soft...right!

2 comments:

Carin Davis said...

looks delicious!!!!!! I have never heard of that sweetener. Do you use it a lot??

Robyn said...

Im dying to try these they look so good! And you know me and treats!